Wednesday, November 22, 2006

George Clooney is sexy again


People Magazine’s editors are pretty unoriginal as they named George Clooney the “Sexiest Man Alive” for 2006–Clooney previously won the award in 1997. According to Cynthia Sanz, a member of the magazine’s editorial panel, Clooney was chosen for a combination of factors:

“His big movies came out at the end of last year, he has been active in the campaign to help people in Darfur, obviously he’s great looking — we just thought he was the total package this year.”

Damn, what an ego boost that award must be–not unlike the feeling I had after winning “Most Likely to Get a Full Time Job” in High School. If I won this, I think I would legally change my name to ‘Sexiest Man Alive’. I’d go out to dinner and the maitre de would be like “Sexiest Man Alive, your table for two is ready’” and then everyone’s head would turn and I’d just smile, my teeth reflecting a hint of the moonlight. I’d probably have to hire an assistant to collect the panties thrown at me.

No comments: